I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Panera this evening and it was so good! I do not drink coffee, but I am a sucker for sweet coffee and milk combinations, such as Caramel Frappuccinos from Starbucks, International House White Chocolate drinks (with whip cream and white chocolate chips... yum!) from Ihop and now the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Panera!
I have been on a mission to stop paying top dollar for these tasty drinks and start making them at home. Last year, I bought a bottle of gingerbread syrup from my local Starbucks. Yes, you can purchase any of their syrups and they will even throw in a free pump! After a few drinks, I was starting to get tired of gingerbread. I think it had something to do with the fact that I had an entire bottle of gingerbread syrup on my counter and I could make it whenever I wanted to! I need variety, so I started searching for pumpkin spice latte recipes and found this Pumpkin Spiced Latte Recipe.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 3 cups hot whole milk
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ounces double-strength brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
- 3 pinches pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the hot milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender; blend until frothy. Pour the mixture into 3 coffee mugs to about 2/3 full. Pour 2 ounces coffee into each mug. Garnish each mug with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice.